Lessons learned from a bicycle.

My Bicycle tales 🚲

I vividly remember my first cycling experience on a Hero 'Cyclone' bike, a sky blue colored that belonged to my elder sister. As a child, riding that cycle felt like a privilege, but due to my height, it wasn't the perfect fit for me. My parents always reassured me that once I grew taller, my sister would lend it to me. I longed for the day when I could ride that cycle.

Finally, in 7th grade, my patience paid off. My sister offered me the Cyclone bicycle. The feeling of joy I experienced that day is indescribable. For two months, I felt like a prince, seizing every opportunity to go outdoors with my bicycle. Whether it was fetching groceries, to buy milk, or helping my dad with bringing hardware accessories from nearby store, I was always ready for a ride, exploring the streets near my home.

But one unfortunate day, tragedy struck. Returning home from my tuition classes, my  Cyclone bicycle was nowhere to be found. Panic set in, and I rushed to a nearby shop to call my parents. My father came to pick me up, and we searched nearby areas, hoping to find it, but we didn’t found it anywhere.

I was devastated for months. My mother started dropping me off and picking me up from classes, but I couldn't enjoy the freedom of riding like a prince anymore. Watching my friends have fun on their bikes while I waited made me feel even more helpless. I cursed the thief who had stolen my bicycle and pleaded with my parents to buy me a new one. They always told me to wait, and slowly, I lost hope of ever getting another bike.

Then, on my birthday, something extraordinary happened. I woke up to my parents telling me to go downstairs. I was confused, I followed their instructions. To my astonishment, there it was—a brand new Hero Ranger DTB, shiny and red, with 6-speed gears. I couldn't believe my eyes. Was this bicycle really mine?

It felt like going from driving a used Maruti Alto 800 to owning a brand new Ferrari F40. The experience was simply amazing. That day marked a turning point in my life, and my bicycle taught me two valuable lessons during my childhood:

Self-reliance: The ability to ride on my own and reach my desired destinations.

Patience: Learning to wait without losing hope and becoming disheartened.

Looking back, I cherish the memories and the resilience I developed through my bicycle journey. It shaped me into the person I am today.

Would eager to know if you too have such story associated with Bicycle.

--- !!! Happy Reading !!!--- 

Please do leave your comment below in the comment section 

Your feedback is always welcome.

© punchTank

Comments