My internship experience at a manufacturing shed (part-1)

A visit at a mechanical workshop. 

Today is 5th June of 2018, Tuesday and I am in the second year of my mechanical engineering degree as the semester examinations are far ahead and have some good time to wander on the field, so I have applied for an internship at one of the manufacturing shed 10 km far from my home and as my university has provided me with leave for 10 days to gain exposure through the industry. 

From the beginning of engineering, I was very keen on understanding the practical aspect of the manufacturing processes so the experience could have been thrilling for me because before in my life I have never visited any manufacturing plant, the only image which I possess is of those which I have seen on ‘National-geographic channel’ in some episodes of ‘Mega factories’ or from ‘Engineering Marvels’ show from ‘Discovery Channel’ so now I was so excited about it.

As I enter that industrial zone I could hear those chorus symphonies made by different types of machinery all around, and I could also smell that pungent fragrance of chemicals with some sort of fog covered all around, somewhere there were frequent banging and crushing sounds of the press and as soon as I went inside my assigned shed I found a lightening made by a person wearing welding helmet which reminds me the Iron-man movie scene where tony stark was building his iron man suit.

I met the owner of the shed, he welcomed me and … read more

Comments